Sunday, November 7, 2010

Vogue 1020......again

I found this wonderful "lace-printed" knit at Jo-Annn's a few months ago and was absolutely smitten by it. I'm not  the biggest fan of lace. And I'm not likely planning to sew with it unless it's to make a bolero or use it as an overlay on a gown or something, but I love the print itself and of course......I LOVE KNITS!

When I bought this fabric I pretty much knew which pattern I would use for it. I knew with such a sophisticated and feminine print it would look better in the form of a fitted dress. Well I made Vogue 1020 at the beginning of this year and absolutely loved it. The pattern is only 3 pieces and it's super easy to make!
 (My first version of V1020 made in January)

I reviewed it HERE so there's no need to do so again. The only 3changes I made were to use clear elastic to stabilize the shoulder seams and rouching on the left side. And secondly, I added 1/2 to each side seam to give myself a little extra room from my bust to my hips. The first time I made this the size 12 was super snug on me.....scandalously so! So the extra room made the dress much more comfortable. I also made the sleeves a little shorter.

 Front View

 (Side profile with ruching)

( Fabric up-close)

Anywho, this dress was part of my Sewing challenge for last month so I'm happy that I finally made it up and it turned out cute. Now to move on to the remaining items. I can't decide whether to make the corduroy pants or cardigan. Hmmmm......decisions, decisions.......  Until next time, Happy Sewing!!!





27 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in this dress. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!! that dress is wonderful on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress turned out lovely! The lace print works well with the side ruching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! This dress looks so stylishly sophisticated - the lace print is wonderful. That sleek shape really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knit lover you! That is a great looking dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress! I love that pattern. I'm wearing the shirt I made right now! And I plan on making another one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks lovely on you! I'm so glad I picked this pattern up at one of the on-line Vogue pattern sales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! (pattern, fabric and sewing )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I've been eyeing that fabric at Jo-Ann's too, but haven't bought any yet. Been trying to force myself to buy more wovens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress looks fabulous on you. You did such a wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! If I ever make this dress, I might need your body to pull it off~lol!!!
    Both dresses look absolutely beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic! The pattern really suits your figure. It's a nice way to wear the "lace" trend without having dry cleaning bills, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really nice dress Victoria!! (both!!) Very, Very stylish!! I never really looked at that pattern before, now I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This dress looks like so beautyful!
    Greetings from germany! Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very pretty dress. It looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ::whistle::
    Wow, that is one fabulous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute, lady. I've been trying to make this dress for at least two years. You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this. You look amazing in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look AWESOME in this dress. I love it. Both versions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a wonderful dress, I love it! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice! I found this dress ran very snug, too. Odd given the usual Big 4 sizing. I should make it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I like both versions, but the second one better. I think the nongeometric print is so flattering. Looove the ruching. Beautiful! and on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have this pattern on my sewing table,and was undecided about making it, until I saw your two version. They are both gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful dress Victoria...love the fabric choice ~ it's perfect for this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous dress, beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are the queen of the knit dress! Gorgeous and incredibly flattering!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails