Monday, December 7, 2009
Countdown to begin the 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge.. ......
The Challenge begins 01/01/2010 at 12:00am
I'm currently compiling the guidelines for this Challenge as well as the details of my Sewing goals for the upcoming year. I will have it all planned out within the next week or two and will post it. This is what I have so far:
* I'll credit myself 3000 hours although I've sewn for much more.
* My aim is to devote 1000 hours in 2010 to sewing or doing sewing related activities. This amounts to 83 hours a month or ~3 hours a day.
* I have to sew something every week minimum (2 weeks max for more complicated projects)
* I need to sew wardrobe essentials (Basic Black pieces): Slacks, LBD, Tailored Jacket,& Black pencil skirt. (Am I missing anything?)
* I have to keep track of all the time I spend sewing and reading, studying, or watching sewing related material and post it.
* Try draping a simple piece.
* Try drafting a simple piece.
* Sew some jeans-- Jalie 2908
* Start sewing my Spring Wardrobe in March.
* Start sewing my Fall/Winter wardrobe in September (Hey, I live in Savannah, Ga we barely have a Winter :) )
Although I'm still ironing out the details I'm extremely excited about this challenge! It may seem like a lot but believe it or not this helps me become more disciplined which is my biggest goal. I'm Left-Brained so Structure is my friend!!!. Plus these are just that, goals and you have to start from somewhere. As the old saying goes "If you Aim at Nothing you usually Hit it Every Time". I think you get my drift. And of course with you guys joining me,it makes this SO MUCH MORE exciting!!!
What are your thoughts so far? Do you have any ideas of some things I could put on my list to get accomplished? I'd love to hear your suggestions!