Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sewing Jots and Tittles 12.15.12

Yet another busy week! Not too busy for another Sewing Jots and Tittles post. Despite what's going on my mind is ALWAYS working overtime. Here's where it's been......


SEWING, FASHIONS and SUCH!
  My "Wee-One" hanging at the pattern book table.  You've got to train em' while they're young! LOL!
 
 A jumper is in the queue. I've been wanting one for year and recently saw Toy's version (she used a different pattern) and fell in love with it.

 Bought some necklaces that I LOVE on clearance at JcPenny's. 

 ...and this one too! Oh how I love costume jewelry!

New Jewelry holders! Can't wait to transfer some of my jewelry over.

 I saw these curtains in the November Jo-Ann's sales flyer. They would be perfect in my sewing room which is also purple.

The coat is all cut out. Have some client work to complete and then I can hop on it.

Last month I bought a ton of muslin, well not exactly---just 25 yards. Caught the black Friday sale so it was 40% off and then an addt'l 25% off. I should have bought online. The sales associate was a saint about it.

NON-SEWING

One of my current reads! This is a MUST read for everyone! LOVE this and don't want to put it down!!!

Excellent recipe! This thing whips up SO fast! Recipe HERE.

What would I do without these. I love my cookbooks but I can't rip out pages like I do with these.

Disney on Ice was awesome!!! I still remembered all of the songs to the Little Mermaid! Brought back memories---sniff, sniff.

My daughter and goddaughter after their dance recital. They are quite the little talents!




8 comments:

  1. Love reading your thoughts! It's so cute seeing the "wee one" viewing the pattern books! I love those jewelry holders...I have one too! Never heard of that book, I think I'm going to check that one out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, viewing pattern books is the start to designing and sewing ones own clothing. Your daughter and god daughter are cuties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two girls are precious. Hug them 'cause they grow too fast Way too fast these days. I love it that she is looking at pattern books. Reminds me of the times I'd go to the paint store and look at the color chips and wallpaper books. So glad your passing down the sewing love.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe idea! Looks tasty and easy, always good in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love self improvement books and thanks for the shout out, I'm was just putting the final touches on my list project from that capsule and I can't wait to start planning my new year capsule, I just need a couple days to finish up my books first

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for the Inspirational/Lovely Blog Award. Your progression through the 10000 hours is certainly an inspiration to me and others. Thank you for sharing and may you have continued success.

    http://yousewgirl.blogspot.com/2012/12/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady!!!!!!!!!!! You are far too kind!!!

      Delete
  7. I chuckled when I saw your baby looking through the pattern book. Your JCP jewelry is cute. I shop Penny's for my costume jewelry too. Looking forward to seeing your new creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails