Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sept & Oct Wrap up; Nov & Dec 10,000 Hour Challenge goals.....

Singing....."It's a NEW month. Oh, how exciting, it's a new month"!!! Well we're already 6 days into November. I get excited about new months because I get to reflect on my bi monthly sewing plans and create new one's 2 months in advance. Of course I'm all about my 10,000 hour Sewing challenge!!!! See my side bar to see my accumulated sewing/sewing related activity hours.

Although my November & December sewing plans aren't complete, I've got some cool things in the works. But before we get to them I need to re-cap the September and October sewing......

1. NewLook 6130 Peplum top
2. NewLook 6210 High Performance Knit dress
3. McCall 2853 Reversible capes (client work)

Looking back I didn't sew a thing for myself in September. I practiced my draping lessons and fitting pants but didn't end up with a final project. But I think I made up for it in October when I churned out that HUGE client cape order and 2 dresses. So it evens itself out I suppose. I logged

As far as new plans go for the final 2 months I intend to.....

1. Sew some of my fall wardrobe (detailed in my video)---that list includes a coat and lots of separate pieces---skirts, tops, vests, etc.
2. I found out I'm invited to a swanky event in December so I have to sew up a nice semi-formal dress. I'm so used to doing formal gowns so making something a little less dramatic but high fashion should pose a nice challenge. I'll start blogging about my ideas soon.
3. I've got several client projects to work through.
4. I also will be celebrating my 3 year blogoversary in a few weeks so expect a giveaway or two.
5. Pick back up with my draping lessons.
6. Re-organize my blog template (working on that now so please forgive if things are out of sorts)

So all in all, I hope to go out this year with a BANG!!!! So that's what's coming up.

Currently I'm working on a top and skirt for this weekend.......

Well that's what's up with me.  How about you, you have any exciting new sewing plans to share?

4 comments:

  1. So I'll still keep an eye out for your draping posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have been having problems with puckering and bunching so my goals for november and december is too sit down and get those issue together :) Can't wait to see what you make for your fall wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll enjoy seeing what you sew for your semi-formal in December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing the semi-formal. I made that vogue top as one of my first projects when I started to sew earlier this year and it's one of the few things I wear regularly. Love it. Be forewarned - the neckline is low (and wide). I have to wear a cami or never bend over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails