Sunday, November 4, 2012

Vogue 8815--- Animal Print Peplum

After I made my first peplum top (New Look pattern) in October I knew I wanted an animal print version. It took me a good while to find the perfect fabric (and even longer to wait for a 50% off coupon--LOL!). But once I got my hands on this animal print moleskin fabric from Jo-Ann's I got to work and this top is the result. Here's my review.....

Time to Sew:

About 4 hours. A little less if I wasn't distracted by TV;)

Sewing Ease (scale 1 easy to 10 difficult):
Super easy. I'd give it a 2.

Pattern Description:
Fitted peplum top

Pattern Sizing:
I cut the size 12 for the bodice and graded up to 14 for waist and hips.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
YES!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
YES!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Loved the simple yet trendy style. I didn't like the high neckline.

Fabric Used:
Animal print moleskin with a little spandex purchased from Jo-Ann's.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I added 1" to the waist of front top and back side, tapering to nothing at center back.

What would you do differently next time?:

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
YES! I already have my fabric picked out. Yes, I highly recommend it to others!!!

Wardrobe Versatility:
This top looks great with just about everything---pants, capris, shorts, or skirt.

Conclusion:
Cute stylish top that's oh, so simple to sew up! Such a winner!!!

21 comments:

  1. Love it! Fabric and the simplicity of the top! Simple yet versatile and great looking. I see a lot of potential with that top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the peplum,the fabric is beautiful. I plan on making a few more before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Victoria! Great fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes your peplum certainly is a winner. Love the animal print and was itching for one myself. Finished it Friday night. I'm in total agreement with you, it can go with almost everyting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in this! It suits you down to the ground! I think the hem of the peplum hits you in just the right place and the fit is spot on. Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fit and it's tres chic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great addition to you wardrobe. It looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I have this pattern on my cutting table now and had the same neckline concern. Did you alter the neckline at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey GV! No I didn't alter it but probably will the next time. It's a little too high for my taste:) I can't wait to see yours!!!!

      Delete
  9. Lovely top and the print is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice work! I love the fabric. It looks great as a casual top with jeans and I bet it would look nice dressed up with a skirt too. I'm glad you posted this review - I've wanted to buy a peplum pattern for a while. Now all I have to do is wait for the sale at voguepatterns.com!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it wonderful when we find a pattern that we love and want to make again and again? One that doesn't give us a headache? Yours is a super.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this top! It looks great on you! Super versatile. After seeing this top I can't wait for the next Vogue sale to get this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this top on you!! I made the same peplum pattern, and agree it will go with just about everything. Like you the neckline was a little too high. The next one that I make, I will lower the neckline slightly. Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the top... The print is supper cute....This is a must make top.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, versatile piece! (I want one LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute cute! i love peplums! and i think animal prints are nice in that they kind of go with everything because they're such a unique print.

    ReplyDelete
  18. vERY CUTE! I just made this same pattern for the third time! And this time, it was part of a two piece little black dress. I really, really love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your idea of using a larger size for the peplum, i am definately going to make this. I have a question for you. i saw that you also made the same top from a New Look Patter #6130. Was there a difference in the patterns?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails