Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sewing Jots & Tittles 11.25.12

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving day and weekend! I definitely enjoyed mine! Here's some things I ran across just this weekend......


SEWING, FASHIONS and SUCH!
Be still my beating heart! It's outfits like these that make me happy I can sew. I LOVE this look I saw at Dillards. It stopped me in my tracks. May need to make this one day so I'm saving it!


 Really don't know how someone thought as sports coat, skirt, and tie would just go well with skinny jeans???

 Spanx for men!!! Hmmmm.....no comment. I wonder how it will do???

 Love this coat. A basic trench design but the metallic animal print on ivory fabric just gave it that WOW factor!

 I love the look of an open Jo-Ann's store at 7 in the morning LOL!!! Only happens on the Thanksgiving weekend. Tried to go by to pick up muslin on Black Friday late morning and the cutting lines were SOOO long. Went back on Saturday morning and it was a ghost town. Just how I like it!!!

 Didn't notice the new Burda patterns until this weekend. Love the middle look. It's one piece just different fabrics and all suggested as knits. Really sexy look......

....and I also loved this long skirt as well. May have to grab this one for a formal event one day!!!



The HBO Documentary "In Vogue: The Editor's Eye" will be airing on HBO. Read the synopsis HERE. The fashion editor's perspective should be an interesting one!



NON-SEWING

 Powdered peanut butter at the health food store. Never knew about this. Interesting.....

Have been craving dolmas ever since missing Savannah's Greek Festival this year. I plan to make my own (I remember seeing grape leaves around somewhere) but settled for the canned version. It was vegetarian (feta, rice, olives, etc.) and wasn't half bad. Can't wait to make my own.

These are just some things I ran across in the last 3 days. Any interesting sewing jots or tittles you want to share???

4 comments:

  1. I like that Dillards outfit too. It would look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "New Look" of your blog. LOVE, LOVE, Dolmas! A LOT of inspiration in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Sewing Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Needleworkers, Clothes and Dress Makers, Enthusiasts, Experts, Groups, Clubs, etc.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Sewing Community: http://www.vorts.com/sewing/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend that is a BIG fan of the powdered peanut butter. She gave me a sample though, and I wasn't really impressed so I've been using it in smoothies (coffee, peanut butter, sugar-free chocolate syrup or pudding mix, banana, spinach, and ice).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails