Saturday, November 10, 2012

Proud Mama.....

Today was a gorgeous day! It was 71F and there were so many outdoor activities that me and the "Wee-One" were able participate in. And on top of that the weather will be almost 80F on tomorrow so I found it REALLY HARD to stay indoors and sew the winter top and skirt that I wouldn't even be able to wear on tomorrow. Despite the "yo-yo" weather I'll begin sewing the skirt on tomorrow.

But while I was out and about today I received a text message from my recent client, a dance instructor for a local high school. She finally sent me over the pics of the Reversible Hooded capes (McCall's 2853) I made as being worn by the high school's danceline team. Only 8 of the 10 I made are pictured. Needless to say after having a wonderful day out on the town these pics really made my day extra special. I got a little choked up to be quite honest. Alot of work (pattern design changes/ alterations) and time went into this project and to have it be so well received is just great! All of the ladies look spectacular!


It's funny people always refer to big endeavors as "labors of love". I feel like that with my large scale sewing projects. Like I said in an earlier post there was more than 60 hours that went into this project. Labor indeed!!!! So you can understand why I may feel like a "proud Mama"!!!! And this project seems to have  paved the way to some more opportunities. I've already been asked to work on similar capes for a local college and to make some more for the same high school.

So as seamstresses, for every project that we do that often requires SO much sweat and tears, there is much reward in success. I'm glad to stand in the company of other "Proud Mamas".

What project, as of late, has made you feel like a "Proud Mama".

16 comments:

  1. They look fantastic. You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful display of your talent Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should frame one of these photos, this is pure inspiration right here. I haven't been sewing lately so I haven't had any "proud mama" moments that I can recall in a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those capes are really effective when worn to together in a group. You can just imagine how they will create patterns and designs with the alternating colours of the capes as they dance. Those costumes must be hot in 80 degree weather though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice results indeed! Beautiful capes and it appears the girls love them just as much!

    I would have to say my last post was my recent "labor of love".

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous capes! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look great and I know how much time it takes to make something with big shapes like that. even though it is not many seams - well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right Beth. I think I underestimated this project a bit. It really was ALOT of work---simple lines and all. You are definitely so right!!!

      Delete
  8. Outstanding job and love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What awesome costumes!! They look so fabulous lined up like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent information and becoming a blessing to the sewing enthusiast and those lovely pict really great, like it

    ReplyDelete
  11. The girls look so cute in their capes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it possible you would do more capes? If so how much will it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it possible you would do more capes? If so how much will it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I would love for our to do capes for my dance team. How can I reach you and getvw price?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails