So the total of garments I made for the year were as follows:
Skirts 1 (Burda skirt I still need to photograph and review)
Bathing suits 2
Client Sewing 2
Gifts for others 2
So I made a total of 35 items this year (wadders not included of course). I understand what you mean Tasia, I thought I'd sewn up much more too! LOL! But it's all good and I've had fun doing so.
Now on to my favorite picks for the year:
My favorites were....
Butterick 5562---The top I just reviewed on yesterday.....
Vogue 8593---made 3 versions (only 2 pictured)
Simplicity 3503--made 2 versions (only 1 pictured)
Butterick 5212---The Greek Goddess dress
Vogue 1020---made 3 versions of this dress (only 2 pictured here)
Jalie 2909---my First pair of pants!
Simplicity 3867---made 3 versions of this top (only 2 pictured here).
Kwik Sew 3503---made my First swimsuit--2 versions (only one pictured here)
My Biggest Flop for the Year.....
The Highlights of the Year were:
1. I organized my patterns and created a great Pattern Filing System
2. I made my first bathing suit--twice!
3. I sewed my first pair of pants. I have no idea why I didn't make more than one.
4. I celebrated my First Blogoversary and hosted a FUN giveaway!
5. I bought a 70"X35" Olfa rotary cutter mat and became a huge fan of rotary cutters.
6. I got several things on my Christmas wish list: blind hemmer, Threads DVD Rom, Steam iron.
7. I worked on making the essentials for my wardrobe and bought some needed wardrobe accessories.
Plans for 2011
1. To sew a jacket---dressy and casual.
2. Finish making the essentials for my wardrobe: LBD, black skirt, white shirt, cardigans etc.
3. Find a velva board/ needle board (nicely priced) so I can sew with corduroy. Using a rolled up terry towel worked but there's nothing like having a specific tool for the job. I've got to make another brown corduroy jacket.
4. Get some clothing labels made. I've been waiting to develop a logo for my business but I can't wait anymore. For the life of me if I make one more garment without a label I'll scream.
5. Do more client alterations. Hey I'm trying to rack up some business/money this year!
6. Buy less fabric! Ok, I know you've heard this promise before and are rolling your eyeballs but I mean it. I'm trying to actually save up some money this year and purchase something big---like a coverstitch machine.
7.Buy a coverstitch machine. Let's face it---knits are mostly what I sew. And it's time consuming to convert my serger to a coverstitch and back. It'd be easier to have a separate machine. I will save up for one myself:)
8. Buy a custom dress from from Andy's Dressforms. Amanda is there anyway I could contact you with questions about this? I have the smallest back in the world and need to get a custom form to help me fit it.
9. and of course..... Rack up another 1000 sewing hours!!!!!
Well that's it for now. I'm going to take the next week off to get focused for the New Year! Like most of you I'm still wondering what happened to 2010. It blew by so fast. When I get back I'll reveal my 10,000 Hours of Sewing challenge goals for January & February.
Thanks as always for following along with my zany sewing adventures! I can't express how much interacting with you guys over the last year has meant! I want to wish You and Yours a very Happy New Years! Take Care and God Bless:) See you in a week......