Sunday, July 6, 2014

NewLook 6286- Blue, White & Black Paisley Top

A dear friend of mine bought this beautiful blue and white paisley fabric at Hancock Fabrics and I KNEW I just have to have some. I wanted it for a jumpsuit but unfortunately there was only 2 yards left of it at the store. So instead I decided to make it into a cute top. I LOVE how this turned out. And I LOVE the low hem in the back. Very cute! It's just my style---a mesh of gorgeous fabric with a cute and effortless style.

NewLook 6286


Time to Sew:
About 4 hours or so

Sewing Ease (scale 1 easy to 10 difficult):
A 3, very easy to sew



Pattern Description: Top with asymmetrical hem
Pattern Sizing: I cut the size 12
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? YES!
Were the instructions easy to follow? YES!
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Loved everything

Fabric Used:
This multicolor paisley jacquard

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I took out my usual 1" center back (short waist alteration)
What would you do differently next time?: Nothing
 (side view)

(back view)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? YES and YES
Wardrobe Versatility: It's a great top that can be worn with a skirt, pants, shorts, etc.

Conclusion: GREAT top!

7 comments:

  1. You look so cool and comfortable!!! Effortless style and elegance just radiate from you and your smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking outfit! You look so well put together and cool. We'll be in Savannah in July for the Tailored Jacket Class. I know you took the earlier class. We hope to see you if time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute top. While a jumpsuit would have been great, I think it was fortunate you only had enough for this top. You'll get a lot of wear from this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. This IS a great top. I think it worked out better as a top than it would have as a jumpsuit. The fact that there were only two yards left is a signal that the universe agrees with me. What's next? Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in this outfit, the blue fabric looks fantastic with the white shorts and white accessories

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails