A couple of day's ago I rented Viktor and Rolf's "Because We're Worth It" DVD from netflix. It was pretty interesting. Before seeing the DVD I'd never even heard of the two of them. Although the DVD was 4 or 5 years old it was pretty interesting to see them put their line together and at the same time develop a perfume line. There's just so much work involved in the process. Here's a little info about them and some pics from their current Spring 2010 line.
Viktor & Rolf (sorry, I really can't remember which is which)
A Few Facts (According to Wikipedia that is)
· Viktor & Rolf is an Amsterdam-based Fashion house
· Founded In 1993 by designers Viktor Horsting & Rolf Snoeren who met while studying fashion at the Arnhem Academy of Art and Design in the Netherlands.
· Their work is considered “very conceptual & technically brilliant”. Characteristics of their clothes include exaggerated volumes and sculptural shapes, ribbons, bows, etc.
· They showed their first Haute Couture collection in 1998.
· Besides designing clothes for the Runway they also have a RTW line which you can check out here. http://www.thecorner.com/VIKTOR___ROLF/search/tskay/7B4C1203/gender/D/season/main/c/cat_157/collection_id/7878/viewall/1/tp/18715&?gclid=CMDB8K6wk58CFRmfnAodqlyu_w They also make men's clothes.
· They also have several popular fragrances along with a luggage, fake eyelashes and shoe line.
· One of their famous quotes “For us, fashion is an antidote to reality”.
2010 Spring Line
(What a perplexing design. Interesting, eh?)
(I'm loving that bodice. I'll pass on the layered chiffon skirt with the cutout).
(What in the world?---that's alot of fluffed fabric. I'm trying to figure out how they did this.)
Here are some of their perfume ads you might be familiar with. I have seen the Antidote ad before although I didn't even know about the designers. Out of curiosity I'll have to go smell them next time I'm in the mall.