Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Burgundy and Tan Floral Print dress with Obi Belt

It's hard to believe that just a few short hours ago this dress almost ended up in the trash can. But I perservered, made a few changes to it and this is the final result. I received SOOOO many compliments on this dress at church today. It's a good mix between being the right colors (sorry, remember I'm a Professional Image Consultant over at distinctly-u.com---and color has always meant the world to me) and the right style. I do have a bit of a penchant for old looking floral prints---you know the kind that look like they would've been the fabric for grandma's sofa LOL!!! I absolutely love this fabric. The photos don't really do it justice.
Ok, dress construction details below:











The dress started out as McCall's 8216--a gorgeous dress with neck tie, yoke, etc. Given the slightly denser nature of the fabric and print in the end the neck tie was a little busy and the long sleeves too much. This fabric ended up not looking great in this style so I made the following adjustments:

- Added 1/2" elastic and created casing in dress instead of adding binding to create a chanel.
-Chopped the sleeves a good bit.
-Cut the hang ties and left the elevated collar
-Added an Obi belt using NL 6184

I'm pleased with the outcome especially. I absolutely love it. So thankful I was smart enough to make the necessary changes to salvage the dress. It's situations like these that prove I'm truly and artist and maybe even a magician LOLLLLL!

Happy Sewing

12 comments:

  1. Magician- agreed! & clever. The updates were a great combo and the the details look fresh and modern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "vintage" look of the flowers that you chose for fabric! Everything about this dress suits you well, and I am glad you were able to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a super print and it looks lovely on you, well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty burgundy and floral print dress. It fits you very well. Amazing clothing patternss and ideas on your website!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! You look fabulous! I was very interested in the lamp in this room! Where did you buy? I am currently renovating from https://thehomeexpert.uk/about-us/ and I think that it will fit perfectly! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each of your works is unique. The dress looks very impressive. I'm glad that I found your blog.
    Regards, ctnbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m a technical writer and I have written a lot of interesting articles, both technical and creative titles…It’s your feedbacks and suggestions that help me to improve myself…
    My blog: Roku activation code

    ReplyDelete
  8. This way my pal Wesley Virgin's tale starts in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

    You see, Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he discovered hidden, "SELF MIND CONTROL" secrets that the CIA and others used to get whatever they want.

    These are the same tactics many celebrities (notably those who "come out of nothing") and the greatest business people used to become wealthy and famous.

    You probably know that you utilize only 10% of your brain.

    Really, that's because the majority of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this expression has even occurred IN YOUR own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain around seven years back, while riding a non-registered, beat-up garbage bucket of a car without a driver's license and with $3 in his bank account.

    "I'm absolutely frustrated with going through life check to check! When will I finally succeed?"

    You've taken part in those questions, right?

    Your own success story is going to happen. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    UNLOCK YOUR SECRET BRAINPOWER

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found this article too much appropriate and helpful. Thank you so much for sharing such a knowledgeable article. And Again Thanks For Sharing The Blog.
    dress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com
    Whatsapps +1-(551) 356-3808 (call/WhatsApp)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fullz USA UK CANADA

    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS USA
    SIN DOB ADDRESS CANADA
    NIN DOB ADDRESS UK
    HIGH CREDIT SCORES PROS 700+
    REAL ID/DL SCAN FRONT BACK & SELFIE
    CC WITH CVV FULLZ WITH BILLING ADDRESS
    KYC|UI|PUA|SBA|UBEREATS|DOORDASH|TAX RETURN FILLING FULLZ
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ
    CLONING CARD DUMPS WITH PIN
    BULK FULLZ AVAILABLE

    Fresh Database|Recently Spammed
    Legit & Guaranteed Info
    Invalid info will be replace

    Telegram @killhacks | @leadsupplier
    ICQ 752822040 | @killhacks
    Email bigbull0334 @ onion mail . org
    Skype @peeterhacks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails