Monday, March 3, 2014

Have You Ever Tried Arguing with a Piece of Fabric????

Ok, so since reading the book "Steal Like An Artist" (read my last post) and getting the greatest surge of creative energy EVER...... some pretty strange and interesting stuff have been happening. One such thing is an incident that happened the other day. You see I have this cute leopard print fabric with light blue background that I'd reserved for making a peplum and possibly something for my daughter to wear. The only problem is....and I know this is gonna sound a little weird......but it's resisting. That's right, you heard me, the fabric disagrees with my decision. And I must admit quite strongly. It seems to think it would be better suited for a fitted 3/4 sleeve dress. Well, I've never quite experienced this before. Usually the fabric just goes along with my plans but this wasn't the case that particular morning.
(the disagreeable fabric)

I was a bit shocked at this occurrence and after I snapped out of it I tried to hold my ground and forcefully declare my stance. I must declare that things sorta got a little ugly. Voices were raised and tempers flared! I've never experienced such a raucous, especially with a piece of fabric!!!! I finally composed myself and was able to get a handle of the situation. Things calmed down a bit and I was able to call a truce. Come to think of it maybe this fabric would look pretty good as a fitted, 3/4" sleeve dress. Hmmmmmm we'll see real soon....... To be continued.....(wink)....



5 comments:

  1. Lol!
    P/s:I Ordered The Book Yesterday And It's On It's Way. Look Forward To Reading It! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!!! You show that fabric who is boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabric can be a real swine. I've only just started reading your blog properly. It's fab and I then I spotted this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26384712 I must read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I win every argument. The fabric knows what's coming to it if it puts up a fuss. >=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails