Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pattern Graveyard --Part 2......

Wow! Thanks so much for your feedback to my last post. It's great to know that there's so many passionate pattern collectors & sharers out there!!!!

For the record, I was only referring to my USED patterns--the one's I've cut out and sewn up. Sorry if I was confusing. Every pattern I showed in the picture has been sewn up before. I am just doubtful I'll revisit them again.

 (My used patterns I was on the fence about keeping)

I wouldn't dream of throwing out perfectly good and new sewing patterns. That's just wasteful and against my character. One thing that disgusts me about my country and places around the world is that so many restaurants produce food that they'd rather toss at the end of the day instead of donate to those who are hungry. It's not that there isn't enough food to go around globally---it's that people would rather hoard and not share. Wastefulness & greed are such evils. Ok, let me get off that tangent---please don't get me started. Sounds like many of you are against wastefulness as well. I was just so tickled to hear about how you share & donate your patterns. If only the rest of the world could be like kind sewers (smile).

But reading many of your comments have given me a few ideas of what to do with my used patterns. I definitely will hold on to those few "used" patterns especially since I plan to get into patternmaking myself---more so from draping then from drafting. I have the textbooks but it would be nice to look at drafted pattern pieces to help me get ideas. Having used patterns to refer back to I think would help. And as always, someone said it best,

But I DO so happen to have a box of brand new patterns that I don't want. I was looking for a place to send them and many of you had some great ideas. I definitley would like to donate them and you guys gave some great suggestions. And of course, since you're all "pattern junkies like me" I definitely will have to do a giveaway in the near future.

Thanks again for all of your input. Again, I'm not tossing NEW patterns at all--I  just was exploring the possibilities of what to do with the USED one's. But not to worry, I'm dropping the shovel and walking away from the hole in the ground. Thanks to your input, I'll be keeping my USED patterns after all:)

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how passionate we can get about this hobby? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great thing Mary!!! I'm so proud to share the same passion with some great folks. Makes me beam with pride (smile)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some how I missed the previous post . I have the same issue with my used patterns , my plans now is to donate some , I even saw an ad on our local craiglist for someone who will like to donate patterns and unused fabric to a craft center for homeless and women shelters , and thats exactly where am taking them to .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails