Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Threads DVD-ROM's

So about a month ago I purchased this DVD-ROM.....



I'm a big fan of convenient sewing reference materials and I have to admit this is a great DVD-ROM. Especially since I like to print articles and compile my own reference books. Check it out here for more details. http://store.taunton.com/onlinestore/item/the-best-of-threads-volume-one-031010.html. BTW I got it for $28 (on another website)instead of the $50 it retailed (I refuse to pay full price for anything including sewing supplies). So I contemplated buying the 2nd volume until they came out with the "Offer Above All Offers".




Why do they have a DVD-ROM with all of the Threads volumes from 1985-2009? That's crazy---146 issues!!! I think I only own about 30 or so. Kinda sounds too good to be true. And I guess at $145 that's only a little less than a dollar an issue. But I still don't know what to make of this offer. I wasn't even sewing when this mag came out so I'm not sure if the articles back then were any good. Do you have any idea??? What are your thoughts??? Of course if I get this for a deep discount then I'm definitely getting it. I guess I'll just keep this on the radar for now.

4 comments:

  1. I have every copy of Threads magazine except #9. When I can afford to buy the dvd, I'm buying it! The early issues of Threads had a lot of different subjects like knitting, weaving, quilting to name a few. Personally I liked the old Threads better then the new Threads. I think it will be worth your while to buy the dvd. And Yes the articles were great. I still go back to older issues when I'm trying out a new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Karima for the helpful info. Wow! It's impressive that you have most all of the threads mags! I know this DVD-ROM will be released around Christmas time. I'll wait a little while til it's sold through other online bookstores or even ebay for cheaper (I never buy the Threads DVD's or DVD-ROM's through their site). If I find it cheaper I'll let you know and please do the same for me. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria, I am enjoying your blog. I just came across it and I'm glad I did. I love the Threads magazine. I've subscribed to it for many years off and on but I am missing many copies. SO, I did pre-order the archive DVD, I think it's great, I just got my DVD over the weekend. The early issues cover much more than sewing, they include knitting, crocheting, weaving etc. They are full of valuable information. I really should have waited until the price went down, but I'm such a sucker but I'm really enjoying it already. Maybe you can put it on your Christmas list... I'll be checking in on your blog often. Good luck on your 10,000 hr. goal! HAPPY SEWING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Omega---wow you've already got your archive DVD---I'm ssooooo jealous (smile)! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for keeping in touch and your well wishes!!! Happy Sewing to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails