Monday, December 14, 2009

Simplicity 2956


Pattern Description:

Misses Knit Dresses or Tunics: Project Runway Collection. I made the tunic with halter bodice and neck tie.

Pattern Sizing:
Size 12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it did!!!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes!!! I think it took me just a couple of hours to put this one together. It was that easy!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the braided neck tie and the halter.

Fabric Used:
A pink, brown, tan, & black polyester knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None were needed! I would recommend tightening the elastic perhaps a little more than instructed on the pattern to keep the bodice back in place. If I make it again I might add clear elastic around the top of the bodice back to guard against slippage.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I don't wear too many backless designs, but since this one is so flattering and comfortable, I think I'll give this a go one more time. I definitely would recommend this to others.

Conclusion:
Good pattern all around!!! Extremely easy to make and comfortable to wear.



5 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Lovely style and nice fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used that fabric for another dress that didn't work out too well. Your top makes me wish I picked this pattern! A really great top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really nice job on this top/dress. I love the design of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I actually had the same thing happen!!! I made a dress with this fabric and it didn't quite work out. So I took the dress apart and combined it with leftover fabric and created this top. This fabric was too stretchy for my original project. I guess I'll give that pattern another try since I now know it was the fabric that didn't work. Thanks for mentioning this. Wow, what a coincidence:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails