Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Butterick 5026


Pattern Description:

Below knee dress has close-fitting self-lined bodice with casing, slightly flared skirt and back zipper.
Pattern Sizing:
I used the size 12
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it did!


Were the instructions easy to follow?
Pretty much!
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked how easy it was to follow and the fact that it's barely 2 pages so it's pretty easy to whip up. Although I didn't have any real issues with adding the boning to the dress, the next strapless dress I make will have more intricate construction. Unfortunately this dress doesn't provide enough support to go without any undergarments.
Fabric Used:
Stretch sateen with 3 different shades of red leaves.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn't really make any.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I don't think I'll sew this one again. But I definitely recommend it to others especially if they want a project that's easy to sew, gives great results, and has a quick turnaround time.
Conclusion:

I chose this pattern because I LOVED my fabric and was looking for a simple enough design that would work well with it!!! I am definitely pleased with the results.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just about to sew this and although I've been a bit ?? at the boning instructions (never done boning before) I've been inspired to carry on by how lovely the dress looks on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails