Sunday, December 6, 2009

McCall 5975

Ok, so I've had to put sewing me and my daughter's Christmas dresses on hold due to a change in the Christmas program date. It turn out we're not having or traditionally scheduled program so I'll have to find another occasion to wear our dresses. In the meantime, I thought I'd whip me up a quick dress to wear for church. In the midst of some alteration work I was able to get it done in one day. Here it is.....

View Pattern: http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5975.htm?search=5975&page=1



Pattern Description:
Close fitting dress with waistline seam, cowl neckline, three-quarter length sleeve and belt.

Pattern Sizing: 12 for chest and 14 for waist and hips

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?Very much so! I got sorta turned around when I had to sew the sleeves in. You have to catch part of the cowl neck into the armhole with the sleeve. I figured it out and after that I had no issues.



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I liked the design simplicity of the pattern. It's a great option for using a knit with an eye catching print.

Fabric Used:
A bargain knit from my stash. I don't exactly know the blend but I believe it's poly-cotton.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
My fabric had enough stretch so I ommitted the zipper.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I believe I'll sew it again. It's a very form flattering design.

Conclusion:
I really like this dress and I absolutely LOVE sewing with knits!!!! Combined with the right fabric it can look very upscale. Plus it can be made in just a few short hours. It took me a little longer than I expected due to some unplanned interruptions.......

My Little One decided to invade my sewing room and try on my bodice first.



Plus, I accidentally ran over a pin and instead of breaking my needle the pin bent under my throat plate (like a hook) and it took me 30 minutes to get it out. I had to take my throat plate out. Weird huh? There's a first time for everything. Ever had anything crazy like that happen?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails