Sunday, December 20, 2009

Simplicity 2483

It seems my daughter had grown out of most her clothes and all at the same time. The person that said "kids grow like weeds" sure was right.  I whipped up this little number in time for her to wear to church today. I think I'll be spending part of my Christmas break sewing a few things for her.

Pattern Description:

Girl's Jumper
Pattern Sizing:
I used the size 2 for my daughter.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Exactly!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy--nothing tricky here (wink)!
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked most everything about the pattern. I liked the bias tape bound neckline and armholes. Since I was too lazy to change my serger thread I experimented with the flat felled seam finish. This and the bias tape make for a very clean inner finish (which is always nice).
Fabric Used:
A patterned corduroy with pink, mauve, and burgundy hues. I've had it in my stash for a while and knew it would work well with this pattern.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No changes were needed but I did omit the pockets. My 2 year old wouldn't use them.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes definitely! I've always thought jumpers were a staple in most young girl's wardrobes. Plus with the rigt type fabrics you can have so much fun with them. I might modify the pattern next time and add pockets, appliques, or trims to have a little fun with it.

Conclusion:
I love this little jumper and look forward to making more in the future. The pattern has 6 sizes so you can get good use out of it for several years to come. It was quick to make and yielded great results. Plus it's versatile and can be made all year round if you pair it with the right undershirt. This pattern's definitely a A+++. 


2 comments:

  1. Cute little diva wearing her jumper. Looks great on her. She seems to be having fun wearing her new outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails