Here's the review.....
Time to Sew:
If I hadn't used a sheer fabric this would've been an easy sew---maybe a couple of hours. It took me twice that since I experimented with binding options.
Sewing Ease (scale 1 easy to 10 difficult):
2---it was super easy!
(up close view)
I cut a size small.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very much so!
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved the style! It's a cute top to wear with pants or capris.
A sheer, gray leopard print polyester with white vertical stripes.
(fabric up close)
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
1. I used the recommended 1/2" bias binding not only for the armholes but also for the neckline. I double folded the binding after it was sewn so it would be 1/4" wide.
2. I serged the hem edge folded it up and sewed a narrow hem edge.
What would you do differently next time?:
1. Not follow the instructions recommendation for sewing the belt and instead sew it so the raw ends aren't visible in the back especially since I didn't want to criss cross the ties in the back.
2. I noticed a slight pucker underneath the front bodice pleats. I think sewing the neck/armhole binding might have caused the extra width. To resolve it I plan to lengthen the pleats.
Probably. I think it's a great pattern for a sheer fabric!!! I definitely recommend it.
1. With black or gray capris or pants
2. Layered with a cardigan or black jacket
3. With a black vest and black leggings
Super cute little top!!!