Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sewing Hours Tally and New Email Address

  As I mentioned in my last blog post,  I'm  finally posting a tally of the sewing hours I've accumulated so far this year. It's located on the right hand side of my blog. So far I've racked up 493 of the 1000 I'll need for the year. I hope to log more than 1000 before the years end but we shall see.
 
   I also FINALLY got an email address for my blog. I've been meaning to do this for quite some time. It's no big deal but it's there just in case anyone has any questions or wants to email me in private (I always appreciate when I can email bloggers on other sites). My email address is www.tenthousandsewinghours@yahoo.com and is posted on the right hand side of my blog.  Please note that my email address (like my blog address) is a little different than my Blog Title.

  Happy Sewing to you all:)
                                              

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I wondered how you were coming along. How do you keep track of your hours? I work in such small increments, here and there, that keeping track would be hard. I admire you for taking on such a huge project and doing the follow-through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so disciplined. It's nice to see how you've kept tally. And it has to feel good to know you're doing something you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sewstorebought,
    Yeah you can say I've been a slacker in not posting my hours. At first, I wasn't sure how I was going to keep up with my hours to be quite honest. But since my goal is to sew (or do sewing related activities) 3 hours a day (more if days permit) it's easy for me to keep track of that within the 4pm-10pm time frame I have between work and bedtime during the weekday. I can pick up missed hours during the weekend. So believe it or not, I haven't had to write my time down especially since I work in larger chunks of time (1-2 hour increments) and I spend at least an hour looking at sewing blogs each day. But I recommend keeping a taped log next to your sewing machine to make it easier to keep track of the smaller increments of time you sew. This answer was too long (brevity isn't my strong suite, sorry), hope it helps:)

    Thanks Dei, I'm sure trying to be disciplined! It's not always easy but I'm trying to keep on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, I know it's hard to stick with a schedule or commitment especially when we have kids. Can't wait to see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you Victoria! I know you're going to meet your challenge with flying colors! Your love of sewing and fabric won't let you do anything else but succeed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails