Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Simplicity 3503.......Maxi Dress version #2

Since my sewing goals for July & August are to stock up my closet with summer clothes, I warned you Guys that you may see a few repeat patterns. I forgot to mention that I'll be going on vacation for a week and have another Research trip to Alaska at the end of August. So my goal is to crank out some quick and cute clothes.
 
So here's another version of the Simplicity 3503 Maxi Dress sewn the very same way as the first. I absolutely loved my first version---the bright green circle printed dress HERE. This dress isn't as exciting as that one but I liked the bold white floral designs on the black background. This Simplicity pattern is definitely a keeper for me. In the future I want to make a few more maxi dresses as well as some of the other views but I'll wait to I get my hands on the right fabrics. Don't laugh at me, but these maxi dresses are so comfortable I could wear one everyday!!!! The two I have will be great when I go on vacation.

As a side note I included this picture to demonstrate why it's SOOOO important to buy extra fabric when working on a project. It turns out that when I lengthened the bodice pieces on this dress, I accidentally lengthened the back midriff piece instead of the back piece. So I literally had to cut out 4 new pieces. Thank goodness I always (for the most part) buy at least a yard of extra fabric. I ended up using all of it and there were nothing but scraps left over. Hey mistakes happen, I just like to be somewhat prepared for mine:)

15 comments:

  1. So smart. But where do you keep it all?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress, it looks great. I agree with getting extra fabric, better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks great... Extra fabric is always good to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't wonderful to have a great dress that is both sexy and comfortable? You know you look great in these dresses! I'm jealous--again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've found a real winner in this pattern - the style suits you so well. I love your new black and white version - I think you will wear it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And this is definitely cute. Have a great trip.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Research in Alaska. Great. You are certainly cranking them out. This is another cute maxi. You are going to look fabulous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dress, love the pattern. Could you give me some tips on sewing jersey knit fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you, maxi dresses are so comfortable, yours looks great. Nothing wrong with a repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one's beautiful too! I love this black and white just as much! You're sooo correct, when you find a TNT pattern like this, make adding to your wardrobe a little bit easier and quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the green maxi--this will be great too. I too am short-waisted, and find that vintage shapes are actually kinder to my figure than more contemporary designs. Good luck on sewing your new patterns--can't wait so see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! this is my "TNT" maxi dress pattern lol. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails