Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Shimmery Lilac Satin & Organza Assymetrical Wedding Gown with Swarovski Rhinestones

I really can't believe the day came and went! I can't tell you how excited, humbled and fulfilled I feel in having been able to make my client's wedding day so special ---and in such a BIG way. I was happy to deliver the wedding gown of her dream! I'd been working with Ms. T (I guess I can call her Mrs. T now--LOL!) since late July in planning this gown. It was truly an amazing experience from start to finish! This was my first BIG wedding gown. I say big as in the fact that this gown contains about 43 yards of fabric with 40 yards of them in the skirt alone---mainly comprising of the shimmery organza When I first met my client and she'd showed me the gown she had ordered from China that came in the wrong color I had to jump to work to plan out the details of this gown. I knew in the end I wanted to create a dress that made her look like a Princess! I wanted to create the effect in the skirt like "she was walking on a bed of clouds". We had a few challenges in the beginning in trying to hunt down the perfect color fabric to match her Aladdin theme but all of that came together and we were able to move forward with the rest of the details. I had alot of new experiences with this dress. I worked with sew-on Swarovski rhinestones, I a ton of organza fabric, learned how to make a huge tufted skirt etc. My client was an absolute DREAM CLIENT and allowed me to use my expertise to interpret her desires and create the gown she wanted.  And amazingly enough I was able to do just that and she loved it and everyone else did as well. Well I'm not going to talk about construction details now (I'll save them for the NEXT post)---trust me there's lot's to share instead I'm going to relish in today's events and share some pictures. It still all feels so surreal. It took me months of planning and 2 weeks of continuous sewing to complete the gown. So I'm appreciating kicking back & relaxing!!!! I'm amazed and so thankful to have received this opportunity. I started this project not knowing exactly how things would turn out but I'm SO thankful to God they turned out beautifully!!!  Again, I'll cover the construction details for my fellow sewers in my next post---as for now please enjoy the pics!

(The gorgeous couple! I love the side view fullness of the skirt)

 (The gown is assymetrical so you can see the short length in the front)

 (Another view of the train)

(She needed someone to carry the gown around until we bustled it before she danced. It's ALOT of dress!)

(The wedding was colorful and beautiful!)


(Earlier I had the privilege of helping the Bride get dressed)

 (Here are some Informal dressing room pics pre-wedding of course)

 (more informal dressing room pics)

(.....and one more so you can see the train)

 (The Bride and I)

 (BTW, not that anyone cares after having seen the Bride's gown (LOL!) but I made up this dress for myself using NewLook 6120 and a cool poly print from my stash and made the obi belt out of a berry colored fancy cotton fabric. I needed something quick to make, yet stylish. I whipped it up in a few short hours. I had to represent being the fashion designer that I am! I made this dress before and the review is HERE.



26 comments:

  1. Not only is this gown beautiful, the fit is impeccable! Way to go Victoria! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Victoria,simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding dress shows your extreme talent, Victoria! It is absolutely divine! You gave Mrs. T a dream dress, and more. I also love the dress you created for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning dress. Congratulations and well done for turning the brides dream dress into a reality. You can see how much she loves the dress from her beaming smile. You certainly are one very talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you are doing!! Just Awesome! !!! You rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Victoria. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a wonderful work of ART!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is truly awesome! You both look great. I can't even imagine taking in such a huge project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful gown! You were really stylish in your own dress! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you did an amazing job on that wedding dress! And I absolutely love the dress you made for yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooooh aaaaaaaah. Wonderful dresses and great happiness for both of you. What an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning dress! They will be flocking to your door!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAH!!! The wait was so well worth it! The fit is all that!!! The dress is bea-u-ti-ful!!!!! (and so is the bride!) You should be so proud!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are an amazing talent! So happy to see someone using God's gifts! ❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏👏👏👏👍👍👍😻😻😻

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did an AMAZING job!!! You should be so proud! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, remember that you brought this on yourself. . . . I see many wedding dresses in your future :) Beautiful dress! Isn't is wonderful to be included in this lovely couple's special moment? Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, you did an outsranding job on that dress Victoria! The bride looks beautiful! This must have made you feel like the proud mama sening your dress walk down the isle!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All I can say is AMAZING JOB...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am speachless! This is sooooo stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful, Victoria.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails