Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Warning: Do Not Handle When Sleepy!

(here's a pic in case you were ever curious about the inside parts of a steam generating iron)

It took one split second, just one split second and then there was a crash. I guess trying to squeeze in another client alteration before bed---while tired and watching TV(only to keep myself alert while working)---wasn't such a good idea. All I know is the iron slipped off the ironing board, crashed to the floor and broken pieces of plastic went everywhere. I just knew that was the end of the iron. But from what the Hubby could tell all of the wiring still looks intact. So maybe it's not as bad as I thought. We'll see in the morning whether a bottle of super glue and re-screwing will help. If not then it's time to reorder another steam generating iron. My sewing room isn't complete without one. I guess there's always a bright side to most things---hey at least I didn't drop one of my sewing machines. For that we would have to call in some paramedics. LOL!!!!! And on that note, good night. I'm heading to bed before I break something else!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you weren't burned or otherwise hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the paramedics would be for you! At least you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of those irons, but you did learn a big lesson not to use when tired. Glad you're OK!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails