Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Current Sewing status, Challenge review, Upcoming plans, DVD Review...

  It seems like things have been sooooooooo crazy lately. At the tail end of last week my sewing machine began giving me some issues so I dropped it off for repairs and/or tune-up (details in my last post). Well the good news is that all it needed was a little cleaning. It's hard to believe that 7 months of hardcore sewing would produce enough lent to cause the thread cutters to malfunction and as a result cause all that jamming---come to think of it, it's not that hard to believe! It's time for me to stock up on canned air and to do more frequent cleanings since I use my machine practically non-stop---just like you Guys of course!!! Whew, well that's a load off. All it cost me was a $60 cleaning fee from the wonderful Mr. Smiley--the only other person that I trust with my Baby!!!!

Well that delay (and being too lazy to pull out the back up machine) means I've got alot of catching up to do. Sew much to do....... and Sew little time (and yes "so" is swapped out  intentionally). I'm getting antsy because the end of the month is quickly approaching, and I have to wrap up my January and February sewing goals detailed in this Post .  Well I made a few of the items but swapped out some in order to make others (you know we Girls are always changing our sewing plans). I plan on doing a January/February wrap up no later than Monday to evalute my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge Progress---remember I'm taking this challenge very seriously and am trying to stay disciplined as best I can! I have one item I'll be reviewing on tomorrow and I hope to get a couple of items done no later than next week. I hope I don't have to spill a little over into the first week of March to complete these items. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I will also be posting my March/April sewing goals by Monday. I'm sooooooooooo very excited to being sewing Spring clothes. You might recall this Post in which I showcased some really nice Spring fabrics I purchase and of course all of the New Vogue Spring patterns  that I can't wait to give a try. I probably should stop talking about this now because I feel myself beginning to drool.

Before I forget, I managed to squeeze in a sewing movie. I didn't realize that another movie about Coco Chanel was being released until a couple of weeks ago.
 So I checked it out. I had already seen the Lifetime movie "Coco Chanel" and have done a little reading up on her. Although I already knew a little bit about her life it was good to watch a more current film that focused on  her before she became famous. I just want to warn you that the movie is in French and has English subtitles, so unless you're fluent in French it will be a wee bit difficult for you to sew and watch this film. I have to admit that at times I forgot this film was about the designer since it focused on her love life (actor Allesandro Nivola wasn't too bad on the eyes) and some of the dilemmas and challenges she faced that pushed her toward becoming a designer. That's not a bad thing. It's always neat to see how Great people got their start. I believe that same greatness exists in all of us from one degree to another. I applaud her for following her "unconventional" vision even in the face of adversity. As we all know she has an empire that still remains today and is synonymous with true elegance and grace. If you have the time check this one out. I give it 3 out of 4 Stars!


Well, I've got to hop back to sewing and everything else. Although it's Tuesday, due to some weekend meetings, I have very limited time to sew, so I'm going back to the grind. I hope to maximize the little time I do have. How are your upcoming Spring sewing plans coming along??? You know I can't wait to see the fabulous clothes you make (wink)!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Victoria! I'm glad your sewing machine is backing in fighting shape... Can't wait to see your latest creations, and BTW, congratulations for taking your goal so seriously and sticking to it! It's so easy to say that something is going to be too hard and then let it go... It's very inspiring to watch you work at such an ambitious goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy for you that your sewing machine is now back in good order. I'm so impressed with your 10,000 hours challenge - I'm thinking that I really should organize myself better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to rethink the canned air. I was told by a sewing machine repairman one time not to use it as it pushes the lint further into the machine and causes more problems than it solves. You should just use a little stiff brush to collect the lint out of the machine instead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails