Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A 12 Piece Wardrobe and a Wedding Gown

I feel like I've been MIA since I've been up to my eyeballs in client work. Things should calm down a little soon and I'll return to my frequent posting. I wanted to take a moment to keep you in the loop with what I've got going on. Two of my larger client projects include a 12 piece wardrobe for one client and a wedding gown I'm making for another.

The wardrobe is a birthday gift to my client from her Husband. She has a difficult time finding clothes due to her height so he thought a custom wardrobe would be the perfect gift. And he was right! I've already made 8 out of the 12 pieces---some are in duplicate (see the pics below). They include 2 pairs of yoga pants, 2 pencil skirts, 2 leggings, 2 tunics, 2 knit tops, 1 peplum & 1 tank dress. I hope to have more details and final client pics soon.


Ok, moving on to the wedding gown. This is the base pattern I'm using for the wedding gown but I'll be making major changes to it so it won't even look like then when I'm done. I've done the muslin (sample gown) and we just have 1 more fitting and then I can start on the real thing next week. The wedding isn't until the end of October but I want to be finished before the end of this month.


I'm excited about my projects. They both celebrate 2 separate but special occasions. I LOVE to be a part of folks special occasions! LOL! It really is an honor to create for them. As a result I've been putting some major miles on my sewing machine. Let me get back to sewing. I should have a Sewing Jots and Tittles post ready in the next day or so. Hope you're well and so is your sewing! Toodaloo!

3 comments:

  1. Giving the woman in your life a wardrobe as a gift makes your client the p"Best partner Ever"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy! Would love to see the wedding dress in progress if you can share...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have been busy! Good luck with the projects and I look forward to seeing that wedding gown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails