Thursday, August 21, 2014

Adventures of the Self Employed/ I Need a Gown in 46 Hours!!!

Wow, it's been a WHIRLWIND of a week!!! It started with me giving a BurdaStyle webinar on Monday ( which btw was EXCELLENT and there was a great turn out---thanks guys!!!) and I just spent the last 48 hours (yes, 48 hours) sewing up 4 pieces (1 Tank dress, 2 tunics and 1 peplum) for one client---of whom I'm making a 12 piece wardrobe for! 8 more pieces to go! I also helped a client order 33 yards of fabric  for her wedding of which I'll be making. I'm also completing/embellishing a pageant dress for my younger client to wear on Saturday to the Miss Blue Print Pageant (feel free to support, such a worthy cause). And in addition I need a gown for the same event!  That's just a few of my recent adventures. Needless to say I've been sewing around the clock!!! And no I haven't had a shower today and it's almost 9pm. You might not have asked for that info but I thought I'd just fill you in anyway!!! LOL!  I joked with a fellow business owner/ friend in the same situation that building a business in the early stages is like having a newborn baby. Everything you do revolves around that baby. But that's ok because it's a real cute baby and you're enjoying watching it grow;)

I'm a little pooped but am watching Project Runway while hand sewing to decompress & recharge! Well like I mentioned I need a gown. I have very limited time so IF it's gonna happen then this will likely be this one shoulder number. Pray for me. We'll see if and what I can do in such limited time. Let's see if I can make some magic happen.


7 comments:

  1. Believe me it can be done - and if you've sewn that much this week, you are on a roll - it'll be a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have way too much to do and that's good...you will make a way to get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!!!!! Just act like it's Fearless February and time is your fear!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails