Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

Forgive my absence but I've been sewing around the clock. Mr. Jim and I had to make more gowns for the Chambermusic Ladies, I had a Grandmother-of the Groom ensemble to make---a top and pants to go along with a RTW jacket my client had, and a dance costume needed for an Easter skit at church. Not to mention I'm doing alterations for clients and making my families Easter outfits----dress for my daughter and tie for my Hubby and I originally planned a dress for me. Well this year I decided to do something a little for myself. I think I'll make a cute top instead. Remember the fabric I'm using (see below) is very busy and bold in color. It's a medium weight stretch woven, almost like a sateen. I LOVE it but want to use it in a way that is a little less overpowering. Here's some top ideas I'm considering. I thought about making a cute blouse or even a jacket but I don't want to put the work into a jacket and not be able to wear it often. Anyhow I'm mulling it over and will decide soon. Easter is after all this Sunday. Well I hope all of your sewing projects are going well.

(My pattern choices)


(The fabric I'm using)

5 comments:

  1. Ms. Victoria, with that beautiful fabric, I think the New Look pattern would be fabulous on you and something you could pair with multiple bottom options for spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my have you been busy! I like the New Look pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! That fabric will definitely make a cute top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric! Keep seeing it as a circle skirt for some reason...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is pretty, so either tops will look great. But I vote for the new look pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails