Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Sewing Book Watch List

I live for books! And I'm an advent sewing book collector. I feel that if you can learn just one thing from a sewing book it can improve your sewing tremendously! That's why I'm an avid yet selective collector. A couple of weeks ago I went to the local Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) bookstore to check out their sewing book collection. I love to see/preview the textbooks for the fashion design students. I saw a few things that struck my fancy and will be keeping an eye out for them ---likely buying them within the year. Here they are.....

  I actually purchased this one already. I had an earlier version. The newest book has more details and larger photos. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DK books! Who doesn't. There's so much details and clear pics. You can go to Amazon.com to preview the book.


This will definitely be my next sewing book purchase---just waiting for a good price (I RARELY pay full price for books). I LOVE this book! It's another DK book. It would make such a great coffee table book. It 's so neat how fashion has changed through the years. This book really encapsulates the changes throughout history and goes into great detail showing shoes and accessories too!!! I LOVE it!!! See sample page below......





This had alot of neat information/advice! I never went to fashion school but doesn't mean I can't learned from those that did;)




I Love the show and learn alot from each designer and the good/bad decisions they make for each challenge. This has bio's on the designers and challenge info.




 A gorgeous picture book of historically relevant gowns! Again, it's neat to assess formal styles of the past and present!



Well that's some of the books on my Book Watch List. What about you, do you have any sewing books on your watch list. What are they? Do share:)

5 comments:

  1. I have recently purchased all the books on my list but I am waiting for the new "Couture Sewing The Cardigan Jacket" to be released this October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some real gems - I think I'll have to put that Fashion book on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love the Sewing Book. Lots of good reference in it.
    I will have to pick up the fashion book. looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sewing books too. ANd cooking books and mysteries. I could go broke just from visiting amazon.ca....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails