I'll start the list but I'm counting on you to help me out. These are some of my sewing related pet peeves. Please leave yours in the comments section below. Let's see how many collective pet peeves we can amass. Remember, let's keep it lighthearted and fun!!!!
1. Dull pins that snag fabric (mentioned above)
2. When you find the perfect fabric online and excitedly order it only to get an email 3 days later that they completely ran out of it and it's non-reorderable:(
3. Fabrics with warning labels "Fabric may crock"---
4. Fabrics with ODD widths---like 38". What am I supposed to do with that---make a hankerchief!!!
5. How some pattern companies make special patterns in petit and don't offer them in the rest of the sizes!!!! Darn you burda for having such cute Petit patterns!!!! LOL!!!!! Since I'm shortwaisted I still buy them anyway though (wink).
6. A pattern sale at Jo-Ann's when there aren't enough patterns for the newest seasonal campaign. Seriously-- some of the Big 4 will only send like 3 patterns for each new look.
7. Fabric so badly off grain that no manner of straightening or blocking can fix!!!
8. Improperly rated patterns. It says "Very Easy" but it actually turned out to be ADVANCED! LOL!
9. Badly drafted patterns. One peplum blouse I made had a crazy, oddly drafted upper back that was disproportionate from the rest of the pattern. Almost had me pulling out my hair!!!
10. Fabric you buy that have a permanent fold from being stored on the bolt and is nearly impossible to remove. There's a olive green rayon knit I want at Jo-Ann's but can never buy it due to those darn fold impressions!!!
11. When I need a 9" zipper and all I may have on hand is a 21"! Man, it feels like such a waste!
12. A sewing machine breakdown in the middle of a huge project!!!
13. When the guide sheet's suggested pattern placement on fabric creates unecessary waste.
14. Ordered fabric looks NOTHING like the online description or photo.
15. Accidentally making an elastic casing too small which causes elastic to curl:(
16. A badly drafted sleeve pattern that has WAY too much cap length and causes puckers not originally intended for the design.
17. Sewing with slippery fabrics without the aid of fabric stiffeners. Can you say NIGHTMARE!!!
18. Fabrics with designs that was away even when the care instructions say they're washable.
Ok, I've got lots more and will probably add more in the comments section below as I think of them. But I'm most interested in what you've got to say. What are some of your sewing related pet peeves. Please list them in the comments section! This should be fun!!!!