Sunday, May 1, 2016

The "Partially Sewn Upside Down" Cotton Sateen Butterfly Top- Simplicity 6286

So the "upside down print" issue was resolved since the last post! BTW, I LOVED all of you guys' comments they were pretty funny and witty!  Thankfully the issue was sorta resolved! A complete goof on my part when looking at the fabric. I glanced at the butterflies which were oriented both upside down and right side up and didn't even look at the birds to see if they were the same. The birds were only oriented in one direction. Go figure! Thankfully I remade the top bodice portion. The birds are upside down at the bottom but that will be my little inside joke if anyone notices. I love the fabric which is from myfabricdesigns.com and is THIS GORGEOUS PRINT! The cotton sateen is so soft and I love the low luster sheen. It's the perfect fabric for warm weather and the print is absolutely cute with  The print is NewLook 6286 and it is my 3rd version of this top which I LOVE! I'm a "throw on and go" kinda Chick so this style matches my personality perfect--cute but uncomplicated. It's asymmetrical---low in the front and longer in the back. I paired it with light denim capris and Nine West sandals. I threw on some hoop earrings in the same shade and that completed my outfit! I love this top so much I probably may make at least 2 more versions!


(Love the light blues and golds in this print)

Alrighty that's all for now. I've got to churn out a prom dress this week so I'm off to work on that! More details soon!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's very pretty finished. I love the back especially.
    No one will notice I bet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails