Saturday, April 30, 2016

That moment when you do THIS while making a top!

I've been sewing so long that big mistakes are few and far in between (Thank God,  knocking on wood). The little one's of course happen from time to time but are are barely noticeable (they say craftsmanship is the art of covering your mistakes) but not the one's in titanic portions. Well let's just say today  I managed to make a pretty big one without noticing until I almost finished the top I was making. But thankfully I spotted it just in time and have enough fabric to remake the top. Speaking of fabric I'm using this beautiful butterfly and bird print I picked up from myfabricdesigns.com in cotton sateen. More info on that later. But let's see if you can spot the mistake. It's pretty funny! Take a close look....and leave in the comments below. I'm off to re-cut the top portion of the top and finish so I can wear tomorrow. Back to work......

18 comments:

  1. One way design, used upside down. The birds are masquerading as bats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there are birds somewhere that fly upside down! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, done that a time or two, usually on collars. Nice that you had enough fabric to recut new pieces.
    Theresa in Tucson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha I don't see the upside down birds! I was going to say you cut it too short!! But it's a peblum?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The birdies are exercising upside down to strengthen their legs...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah - just pull ups - bird style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. and there's a flower on your apex.
    With one very difficult to place print I actually cut a reverse image of my bodice to check the placement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a friend who made a vest with a large motif of a vase on the back - she wore it with much pride until a friend asked why she had sewn the vest with the design of the hot air balloon upside down.... she never wore her "vase" vet again after that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course the birds are upside down... actually those butterflies are the real culprits... they have distracted your eye because at first you look at the butterflies. Drats... luckily you have extra fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The butterfly and the flower on top of the bust. "Bullseyes".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silly birds acting tipsy. Oh yes, the "bullseyes" might be more appropriately placed. Still beautiful fabric and it feels good to know we are all in the same boat when it comes to making simple mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had enough fabric to recut. Otherwise I would have worn that baby as is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A designers creative vision lol..but yes nice that you have more fabric to re do it.
    Not everyone may see the humour lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. The birds are upside down. I am a perfectionist and would remake it too. It can be a wearable muslin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The birds are upside down. I am a perfectionist and would remake it too. It can be a wearable muslin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty fabric!! Um, I think the birds are flying south :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the Bat theory! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails