Sunday, August 30, 2015

Butterick 5913---The Birthday Girl Top

This has been a very sentimental week! I celebrated my wedding Anniversary with my Wonderful Hubby (I love me some him!) and our daughter turned 8! We had a party/sleepover with some of her girlfriends over the weekend. I wanted to make a cute little top for her to wear to her party. Months ago she saw a fabric in my stash (It's colorful with gold shimmery streaks) that she really liked so the night before I cut out this pattern and whipped it together right before we had to leave.  I used pattern---Butterick 5913. I love the cute "bat wings"tops as I like to call them. I don't have a formal review for this top since it's SOOOO EASY to make. I cut out the size 8 adding 3" to the length. But no other changes were needed. I did have her wear a little cami underneath I'm planning on making a few more. I like the style---it's a mix between cute and playful!

(Front view---I can't believe how fast she's growing!)

(Look at those sleeves)

(The saucy attitude pose LOL)


Ok, now I'm resuming wardrobe sewing for myself. I have an upcoming out of town trip that I need clothes for!!! More to come....




3 comments:

  1. Omg I love her so much attitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Yes, she's got the moves going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! She is beautiful in the t-shirt. Hope she will enjoy the funny party and achieve her dreams.
    My website - Certification Tesol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails