Friday, May 29, 2015

What You Get When You Marry A Marker With a PaintBrush!

Up until 5 minutes ago I had NO IDEA Water brushes existed!!! But I'd been hearing how watercolors were great to use in fashion illustration but I wondered how people were using brushes to give such good results and even more importantly to do such fine details. Mind you they have fine tip brushes but I know they require a bit of skill to use correctly. Lo and behold, I didn't realize that many illustrators were using waterbrushes instead of traditional brushes! What a great idea! Why do I feel like the last one to know? LOL! I ran across this video and was happy I did.





Anyhow, I LOVE the idea of waterbrushes and will definitely investigate further. I found this review pretty helpful on how to use the brush. I'll do some more research and grab my supplies. I have to do 2 Mood boards so I'll look into incorporating this medium into them.



And this one was just fun to watch......I love the softness and shading variations water colors provide. It was also neat how she incorporated color pencils to also aid in shading and adding depth. Fashion illustration is pretty spectacular. It of course is it's own specialty and there's so much one can learn in developing their own style. I look forward to continually exploring this field!!!


6 comments:

  1. Oh no, you beware of the trip down art supplies lane. Particularily pens and markers. There are so many of them, in so many varieties, it's about as big a time sink as the notions aisle.
    http://www.jetpens.com/Brush-Pens/ct/221
    You have been warned. (former illustrator)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I totally agree with you SJ Kurtz! I like to peruse just to see what's out there but trust me I ALWAYS do research before I buy. Thanks for the link:)

      Delete
  2. Awesome. Thanks for sharing this. I have a collection of art supplies and love dabbling in it, but never heard of this product. I enjoy painting, coloring and love printing out garment line drawings and use my prisma pencils, copics, etc. That water brush is a definite must have in my art arsenal. Maybe one day I will learn how to draw. Right now, I am all about printing out line drawings, digi stamps and tracing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Sheila! Sounds like you have all of the good supplies! Trust me, I'm not big on drawing the human figure just yet so I rely on croquis and my light box. Will get there soon but for now that's quickest! Sounds like you have a great method that works for you and that's all that counts ;)

      Delete
  3. These videos are very nice, thanks for sharing! I am so like Sheila, can't draw very well and it's sad to...because I have a friend who's a watercolor artist and would love to teach me if I asked. She actually teaches online watercolor classes. Maybe her blog could be a good resource for tips on paper, brushes or any type of art supplies. http://paintedthoughtsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Myra I'll definitely check her out!!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails