Sunday, March 1, 2015

2015 Father Daughter Banquet Pics & FF Layover!

I have to admit that hands down this event is one I look forward to every year!!! This will mark my Hubby & daughter's 5th year of attendance and I've been able to attend 3 of those since my Hubby is apart of the Savannah Christian's Men's ministry (who produces the event) at our church and they ask for wives to help. EVERYONE HAD A BLAST LAST NIGHT! My Hubby and daughter (along with our oldest Goddaughter and our dear friend V and his daughter) all attended together along with dozens of other dad's and their daughters. It was so cute too see all the Dad's and their girls! I enjoyed serving and making sure they had their drinks and food and were enjoying the night. The event starts out with food, then moves on to games and then the dance floor opens up and everyone let's loose! It's fun and hilarious at the same time. My Hubby and Daughter aren't shy at all so they let loose in their usual fashion. The day started with me doing some hand sewing on her dress and finishing the hem. It then moved on to warp speed from their. Needless to say since we got all caught up in the "hoopla" we didn't take the best pics. Oh well, we lived in the moment and that's all that counts. They took formal pics at the event so hopefully those turned out great and I'll post soon. Until then here's my pitiful little cell phone pics. But hopefully you can see all the details of the dress. This dress is absolutely beautiful---and I don't only say that just because I made it--really. I ran across the fabric for this dress---a beautiful purple brocade with bronze, dark charcoal and silver in it. I believe a month ago and they only had 1 yard at my local Jo-ann's fabric. Well we managed to track down 3 yards at a store in SC. The cost of fabric was the best deal---if I remember correctly I paid about $4/yd. So I have to admit that with trim, netting, lining, fabric and zipper the dress material were about $30 or so. Anyhow my goal was to transform my daughter into a little princess so I wanted to do something different with her dress this year and go REALLY BIG! The dress has a full gathered skirt that almost touches the grown and has lining and LOTS of netting underneath to give it it's poofiness. I wanted to add horsehair braid to the hem but ran out of town. I'm not going to review the dress because it's fairly simple and straight forward to make. I used Simplicity pattern 3943. I used silver and black trim for the straps and used lots more layers of netting underneath the dress.  Nonetheless it came out great and she received compliments ALL night! I'm glad the dress was such a hit and everyone had a fantastic night. OK, I've talked enough. Here are the pic---again excuse my not so good cell phone pics....



(I was a Waitress for the night and she was  Princess---whoopps...she thinks she's a princess everyday! LOL)

 (Watching the fun games on the sidelines. She also wore a little fur bolero I got from a thrift store for $0.99 and it went perfectly. )

 (At their table along with our Goddaughter Tasha, our dear friend Vantrel and his daughter and other dad's/daughters)

(The dance floor is open)


 (hanging out with her friends---they said they had to retreat to the fancy bathroom for "girl time" LOL!)


 (Primping---something she does best)


 (Being silly with her older Godsister)

(Hanging with table mate Ms. I, the 2 of them are 2 days a part in age (yes her Mom and I had back-to-back babies LOL) and are 2 peas in a pod)

 (Hitting the dance floor)

(The "Serious Pose"--why is my daughter's fist balled up? LOL!


Other close up photos so you can see the dress better in natural light...Purple can be so difficult to shoot, especially when it's shiny. Sorry, it was cold and rainy so the porch was the best spot for photos.
 (Side view)

(Fabric up close---it's actually darker and that shouldn't be gold but dark bronze. This stuff was the dickens to photograph and keep true to color)

 (Back view)

 (Did double silver/black sparkly straps on both sides. Love how it made the dress pop!)


(Ran out of time so I couldn't get her to the hair dresser but I was able to pull of a befitting and cute style for the event thankfully)

Ok, I'll conclude this post with a VIDEO like last year's. At some part of the night my Hubby and Daughter wanted to have a dance-off. So they're in the middle of the video "battling"! LOL!
Video quality isn't the best since it was dark but you can see them too going at it. Of course I'm cheering my baby on in the background. My Hubby can move but I'm shocked by how much rythym my child has. You can see her that well but that Chick can dance. Her and my Hubby are like clones of each other---they're so much fun and always up for a good time. And yes my daughter dropped down to do a split and instantly popped back up. They both let loose! I had a blast! Next year's can't come fast enough!!!

BTW, it's been a long week so I'm giving myself an extra week to catch up on some of my Fearless February sewing. Call it a Layover so to speak. I'll update ya soon....

8 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful just like your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress, beautiful daughter. The evening looks like it was a huge success

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! She is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress -- fit for a princess! Looks like they had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely daughter--and a beautiful dress! She'll remember this night forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress...fun night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness look at her!! Beautiful in her gorgeous dress. I have my glasses on now, so I can see the picture better than on your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm very helpful blog, especially for someone like me. Warmest thanks! car insurance zip code rates

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails