Monday, February 23, 2015

How you KNOW you're on the right track.....


I saw this fortune sticking out of a fortune cookie and it made my heart smile. I've reached the point in my life where I'm learning to embrace the word "failure"!!! Yes, failure. And more importantly I'm beginning to realize that oftentimes failure is the very thing it takes to put you on the right track! Heck, if you're going to do anything worthwhile in this world you realize you can't run from it. It's inevitable! But boy does it bring with it some valuable lessons if you're paying attention. I appreciate the high's and low's of my sewing but I have to admit it's the low's that have always made my high's that much more sweeter. It's the low's or the failures that have tested my patience, pushed my endurance and motivated my creativity and forced me to deal with my abilities and inabilities! It's brought out the best in me and continues to do so. It has made me grow! So instead of having a negative view of failure I'm learning to take a positive look at it. Because frankly nothing has to end with failure---truth be told if you keep pushing you're bound to run smack dab into a huge pile of success! Remember where failure is concerned perspective is everything! So hang in there! If you've sewn that same dress and can't seem to get it right, try to figure out your problem and keep at it. If you keep trying you'll get it eventually. If you're draping a pattern and can't seem to get it just right---keep at it! Embrace each lesson you gain from failure and don't let it stop you from moving forward! I'm inspired by this article I read a while back by Richard Branson---entitled "My Top 10 Favorite Quotes on Failure" and can be found HERE.  Hope you found them as inspiring as I do (smile).




2 comments:

  1. Cheers to you for a great post! Failure isn't fun but it's necessary-- it teaches what nothing else can. I just put another wadder in the trash and had to smile when I read your article. Gotta keep failing forward and paying my dues. "Everything's hard until it's easy" ~ Goethe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails