Friday, June 6, 2014

Know What You Want......BUT Know What It Costs!!!!

Lots of things going on. I'm a little behind on blogging. I've got to post my May "Bootcamp" sewing results. Tomorrow is day 3 of the Tailored Jacket Workshop hosted by my tailoring teacher James McFarland (His Blog HERE) and I CAN'T WAIT to blog about that experience. I've learned SO MUCH!!!! That man is a tailoring GENIUS!  Ok, more on that later but now about this post. I'm a HUGE Napoleon Hill fan. He is considered one of the greatest writers on what it takes to be successful. If you've never read "Think and Grow Rich" then you've missed out on some true inspiration. His books aren't about materialism but really about being your best self. I so love him!!! Anyhow, I subscribe to his daily FB post and they're all amazing. But last week this particular one stuck out to me. It was just the reminder I needed to dig deep, really focus and stay on the same path I'm on. My aim is to excel as a Sewing Professional and design my own fashion line. It will take time but I will get there!!!! It's so easy to get discouraged when you're working hard and not seeing the results you want but good things come in due time, right?  The difficulties are part of the journey. And to make it you've got to put the time in until the door of opportunities open. This goes out to all you folks like me---who are trying to do BIG things and reach their HIGHEST potential! We will SUCCEED!!!!

(You can find this post here......http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4c4529ce36ccec0645d107769&id=bdc810c2fa)

3 comments:

  1. So agree with those comments. I think this is a principle many parents are failing to teach to their children as well. It takes hard work, and LOTS of it, to achieve those dreams we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that as 'what I must give to the world', not so much what the cost is. It's always amazing to me to see where Mr Hill shows up, and how appropriate it is, decades later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with all of this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails