I got to thinking about what I'd like if I had some extra mullah. To be honest my husband got me thinking about it since he's been asking me about what I'd want.
So I remembered that I posted my list on December 22nd, last year and thought I'd revisit it. With the exception of a steam iron, I didn't get anything on my list. So I thought I'd update my list and maybe beginning this year and every subsequent year --little by little---I'll get everything on my list. I'm in no real hurry and I'm pretty patient. As always my goal is to get items at the best possible price.
My SEWING Christmas Wish List consists of........
1. Custom dressform from Andy's Dressforms in NYC. Out of everything on my list, this is the one thing I WANT the MOST. Oh how I would love to have the full body form with legs included ----totally made in my size. Even a customized dressform without legs would be great. It would simply be great to have a body double of myself. That would be ssssssoooooo awesome. That would make fitting things like jackets so much easier. Fitting my small back and narrow shoulders would be a cinch.
For some reason my Hubby has been asking me alot about this. Hope that's a sign that one's in my immediate
2. A Velva Board . I know you can use self fabric or a towel when pressing corduroy or velvet but I like to collecting nifty pressing tools. I'm planning to make several corduroy pants and skirts this winter so this would come in handy.
(Photo is a Google Image courtesy of Couture et Tricot--the only one I could find on the internet)
3. Blind hemmer since I do a load of hem alterations. Still doing my research and haven't decided on a brand yet.
4. Janome 900 CP Coverstitch Macine I actually have coverstitch capabilities since I own the Husquvarna Viking Husky Lock serger which not only allows you to serge but converts into a coverstitch machine. Howerver, it would be nice to have a separate coverstitch machine so I could serge without having to covert my machine over to the coverstitch option.
5. Dressform tape for when I experiment with draping. This would be great if I get a custom dressform.
7. Business Labels from Worldwide Label. I'm just having a hard time deciding on a logo. I think I'll forgo the logo and just have labels with my name.
8.Book Pattern Magic
9. Book: Building Patterns the Architecture of Women's Clothing. I have almost every popular pattern drafting book on the market (I'm not kidding) but I love to collect. This one come's with high recommendations and I've been stalking it for some time. Hope to get it for less than it's $65 price tag.
10. Burda Subscription: I had a subscription between 2006 and 2008. I wouldn't mind renewing my subscription since I know I'd actually sew up some of the patterns.
11. Gift Cards from my favorite sewing stores:
* Fashion fabrics club
Ok, here's my NON-Sewing Wish List
1. A new eliptical machine: I bought one off of Craigslist for $75 and it works great but it squeaks just a little. I'd love to have a fancier one. I used to be a HUGE gym rat back in the day and have slowed down (and gotten lazy) since having my daughter. It's time for me to get back to working out.
2. I've always wanted a Rebounder. NASA uses them in training astronauts. They're great for your health and stimulate the lymphatic system, etc. etc. They're a low impact way of using the gravitational pull on your body. The only bad thing is these guys can be pretty expensive ranging anywhere from $300-$400.
3. A new vacuum cleaner: A fancy one such as a Dyson equipped with all of the bells and whistles and an awesome Hepa filter system.
4. A year's supply of Justin's Almond Butter: I discovered this stuff at a local health food store and have been hooked. It's sooooo good. I like that it's all natural and combines two great things---chocolate and almonds:) I've also tried the maple almond brand it's just as good. I like to put it on sliced apples to curb my sweet cravings. It's a little pricey---normally $11/jar but you can get the 3 pack on Amazon.com for much less (about $8.50/jar) and with free shipping. This stuff is so good that they ran out of my chocolate almond version on Amazon.com. Hope they get it back in soon, I just have 1 jar left.
5. Gift Cards:
*Amazon.com---- My favorite online site for books, household items, etc.
* Apple's iTunes---- Music for my IPOD
* Ross Dress for Less--- I always get Nine West shoes from her for $15
Well that's pretty much it. Nothing wrong with a little wishing is there? What's on your Christmas wish list? Well there's only 2 months left til' Christmas. Keep your fingers crossed because you never know what could happen!