Trudy has nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award. It's so humbling to be nominated for anything and to have your work appreciated. I LOVE to sew and the fact that I can share my sewing adventures with you all is awesome. And needless to say I appreciate all of your comments and feedback--they're invaluable.
Well I won this award last year sometime and didn't want to single out any specific blogs for fear of leaving people out. Since I received this award again, I figure I should properly follow the rules and list 10 things about myself and select others for the award, especially since others have taken the time to follow the rules. Well here goes.....
So I'm supposed to 10 things about myself. Believe it or not, this is alot harder for me than you think. I'll probably end of making myself seem more boring than I already am. But since I'm trying to follow the rules, here goes.....
1. Purple is my favorite color. It relaxes me. It's ironic I was born in February where the birth stone is amethyst and my name, Victoria, was/is related to English royalty usually symbolized by the color purple. Even with all of those purple connections I don't obsess over it. However, my favorite place in the house (my Sewing Room) is purple and that makes me Ohhhhh, Sooooo Very Happy!!!!
2. I'm obsessive when it comes to learning new things. It's not uncommon for me to check out 30 or so library books on a subject. Hey I did this when I was first learning how to sew. It works for me and I just go with it. I always learn better when I have multiple resources to choose from and by overlapping information. That explains my Big sewing library.......
3. I live by making lists and writing notes to myself. Post it notes are my friends---I should have bought stock in the company. LOL!!! There are lists when we take trips out of town, when I pay the bills, buy groceries, clean the house, etc. Hey, if I had to count on my brain to remember everything off the cuff the world would be in trouble.
4. I am SUPER frugal (I don't mind using the word CHEAP)!!! LOL! I work in the field of research science and enjoy the chase of finding things for a cheaper price. I hardly buy anything for regular price. Why pay full price if you can get it cheaper somewhere else. I usually always buy my sewing books used. I love sites like Amazon, Ebay, Half.Com, etc. I recently bought a microbiology textbook normally $110 for $2.95---the shipping cost more than the book. Yeah, I get a thrill on saving money!!!! I'm sure my Hubby appreciates this:)
5. I have a gluten and soy intolerance. I'm NOT allergic to them but the side affects of eating them (headache, lethargy) makes me avoid them all together. I wasn't born with this but acquired it in the last several years. However this doesn't stop me from eating my favorite foods because there usually is a gluten free version of it.
6. I LOVE cookbooks!!!! I'm not creative enough to think of my own meals so I rely on cookbooks to keep meals interesting. I prefer they have pics and step by step instructions and aren't super complicated. I loveto make healthy homemade meals for the family that don't take all day or can be made ahead of time and frozen. If it took all day, then I wouldn't have any time to sew (wink)! I
7. I'm not a big fan of insects ----especially the older I get. They don't freak me out (well Spiders do--that's just too many legs and eyes) but I don't exactly want to commune with them. So needless to say there's no camping in my future LOL!
8. I love to pack and organize stuff! Suitcases, the car for trips, the pantry, etc (the small scale stuff). To my mind it's a game of 3-D Tetris and I love to make things fit and to maximize space.
9. I horribly neglect my car care!!!! I can't tell you the last time I washed my car. Thank God for my husband!!!!
10. To my knowledge, no one in my immediate family sews or have sewn seriously. I've always been crafty (taught myself to knit and crochet when I was a little girl). Although I didn't get sewing until in my twenties (following my Grand-MIL's passing in 2004), I look forward to passing this craft on in my family. Hopefully I can inspire my daughter!
Ok, that's a little bit about me. Now to move on to the fun part ---nominating other for the rewards. I'd planned to nominate many more but many of you have just received the awards. Here are the folks I'm nominating for an award........
-K. Line- I love the way she shares her sewing adventures as well as all of the other happenings in her life. Her posts are always intelligent and quirky laced with so much honesty. It's always cool and refreshing to hear her point of view. She could make a boring subject seem interesting. Plus her affinity for all things lingerie is quite contagious!
-Carolyn from Diary of a Sewing Fanatic--- If I had a family member who sewed, I'd want her to be just like Carolyn. Her wisdom, skill, and insight into sewing are definitely the result of many years of experience. Her blog posts are interesting and I love the fact she's not afraid to voice her opinion.
-Megan from 2 Many Ideas-She's the ULTIMATE crafter. She dabbles in it all and has such great skill. She makes the most amazing crafts for her son and I can't wait to see what she makes next so I can copy it :) I'm happy to say she's both my friend and co-worker.
-Adrienne from Real Life Live & Unscripted--- For the last several years I've watched Adrian just do her thing. Sew up a storm, balance family life, and create time to have fun with family and friends. Quite frankly I've always wondered how's she's been able to do it. I used to think she didn't sleep, but she always looks so refreshed in all of her pics so I know that isn't the case! LOL! She's a Lady with mad skills and is oh, so inspirational:)
-Mahogany Stylist-Is a Veteran seamstress who makes the most amazing garments for her self and other people. Whatever I produce in a month, she always seems to sew 2 to 3 times as much.
-Simple Inspirations- I always want to wear everything she sews. Her style is so hip and colorful. I almost didn't believe that she was a Grandmother until she posted pics of her grandchildren. She looks incredibly young. I'll always be secretly jealous of her for that (wink)!
-I was Knit Together in My Mother's Womb--- I see her blog title and I can connect so much with it! She's definitely a crafty Woman with much skill and an equal amount of grace. Even on her blog her home looks so inviting. I just wish we were neighbors and her and I could just hang out with her on her porch. And what I wouldn't give to have a pair of her comfy knitted socks.
-Renee at My Sewing Space--- She's an awesome Seamstress who shows great skill in sewing for herself and her family. She also comes up with great craft items to sale. I admire her skill and ambition.
-Tany at Couture et Tricot--- She makes the MOST amazing clothes--from tailored coats to fitted, sexy dresses. And on top of that she's super stylish and beautiful.
-Uma Preve- She's a seamstress and above all a wonderful make up artist! She almost has me convinced that if I can apply makeup as good as she does, maybe I can look as pretty as her! LOL! In my dreams! Jokes aside, she's a sweetheart and a true inspiration.