Sunday, March 7, 2010

Simplicity 3867

 This is the first garment from my March/April sewing goals posted here.

 

 Pattern Description:
Empire waist tunic
Pattern Sizing:
I cut the size 12
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Most definitely!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very much so---nothing really tricky about them.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved the style, the waist tie, and especially the volume of the top
Fabric Used:
A cotton fabric with an array of texture, containing both embroidery and eyelets.

(Here's a closeup of the fabric)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None whatsoever
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely! Absolutely! Absolutely!
 (Excuse fabric buckle near top--oops--I sewed the hook and eye in too tight. I hate sewing hooks and eyes--LOL!)

Conclusion:
I really love this top. I definitely have to make this again!!!!

19 comments:

  1. I love it! Yellow is my favorite color :))) It's so light and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome top!!! I love the style and the fabric is amazing. And may I complement you on your bee-yoo-tifully inserted zipper. That baby lines up perfectly! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful top, the colour suites you so well, and you did a terrific job on the zipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top is so cute. The color is great, the fabric, the whole look is perfect! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Love yellow color, like the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute top. I think you look beautiful in this colour, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your top..the colour the fabric. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like spring! Love that yellow. Sounds like more of these pretty tops are in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the yellow. This will be perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice the yellow is so pretty. I really like this pattern I might just have to add it to my list .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made a cardigan in this colour and I love it. It really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I am so glad that yellow is a popular color for this Spring, as it it one of my favorites. I have this pattern in my file, time to bring it out and make something!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, the color screams Spring and I'm so ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it! I have this pattern and have been wanting to make it, but thought it might not be flattering. yours is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and it's just screaming Spring, and I can't wait. Thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Victoria!
    Thanks for your lovely comment. You are so talented at sewing! Lovely top. The fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great top! Love the sunny yellow color. Perfect summer top.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails