Sunday, October 2, 2016

Red Animal Print Peplum Top--Simplicity 1488

Yesterday in between all of my client sewing I received a lovely invite (thanks BLJ) to attend "The Red Shoe" event, a wonderful event put on by a friend as a surprise appreciation for Husband's. Couples. One of the event requirements was to wear a pair of RED SHOES. I have a red pair of Mary Jane's (very demure and unsexy) so I opted to buy some pumps instead. The day of the event I whipped up this top to go with the outfit. I can actually say it was WAY quicker to sew this one up ( less than 1.5 hours)--- way less time to run out and try and find something. It's times like this I greatly appreciated the gift and talent of sewing. I used Simplity Sew Simple 1488--I think I've made this before. It went together FAST! And of course you KNOW how I feel about peplums. They are my WEAKNESS!!!!  I'm starting to think I'm gonna end up with a closet full of them LOL! Anyway I've had this red rayon one way stretch animal print knit in my stash for ages so it was great to put it to use. I LOVE the way the top came out and we had a FANTASTIC time at the event. My Hubby is my #1 fan so it was nice to really show him how much I appreciate him. As an entrepreneur trying to run 3 businesses I can't tell you how taxing & demanding that is at times. But he always supports me and helps me hold things together. It was so nice to celebrate him and other Hubby's at the event!!!





(The honoree! So nice to do something for someone who does so much but asks for so little in return. This guy's my rock and I thank God for him!!!!)

9 comments:

  1. What a handsome couple! And the love radiates out of your relationship to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top made from a fabric I never would have thought of for a peplum! Great job. And you and your husband make a very cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you could whip this peplum top up for your event. It looks beautiful on you! You and your husband look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. You look like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Victoria, I love your peplum top and there's nothing wrong with having a "closet full" of them when they look that good on you! You two are so cute together and I definitely can understand celebrating your hubby! I always count my blessings for the man I call my hubby too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your peplum top. It fits you beautifully and the colors are fabulous on you. Goes perfect with your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look on you and greater smiles on both of you. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit, lovely couple. Hope you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful top, if you ever get tired of wearing it, I'll give it a nice home.

    best place to buy fabric online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and for following me on my 10,000 Hour Sewing Challenge:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails